WASTING TIME

Hey dudes thanks for visiting!!

contact: saintkaren at gmail dot com // contact: karen at imposemagazine dot com
website: karenaragon.com // website: Impose Magazine

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

ALLISON SHULNICK'S WORK MAKES ME WANT TO PAINT ALL OVER MY WALLS.

ALLISON SHULNICK HAS A GREAT INTERVIEW OVER AT FECAL FACE . IF YOU FOLLOW THE WEBSITE YOU MAY NOTICE A DEPARTURE FROM THE CURATORIAL AESTHETIC THEY NORMALLY FEATURE, BUT HER WORK IS BORDERLINE WEIRD AND REFRESHING AND IS GOING REALLY WELL WITH THIS CAFE BUSTELLO COFFEE I'M SIPPING AND SCHOPENHAUER'S ESSAY "ON THE VANITY OF EXISTENCE" I JUST READ EARLIER. I'D REALLY LIKE TO HAVE HER COME OVER SOMETIME, MAYBE WE COULD TRY AND PLAY WITH THIS SHY AND FRANTIC CAT I'M BABYSITTING OR COLLABORATE ON SOME MAKE BELIEVE FANTASY WORLD MADE OUT OF CLAY AND MELTY THINGS.

"I don't really know the answer to that. I know that I seem to be drawn to sad characters, the forlorn reject. Something about being on the outside. The outcast. But I also am intrigued by the super confident fool. He too is a reject. I'm not really interested in what's accepted by people. I like the things, places and characters that have been forsaken. On both sides of the field. The happy genius fool and the pathetic misfit. I guess I like drama."






FECAL FACE

No comments: